Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lose it or Loose it?

I've been telling myself since last night: it would not be a lost, look at it in a good way, look what you’ve gained, you are not going to lose them... just scrambling around and talking to myself. This feeling may be familiar to you. The world is not going to be in your favor forever. You get used to someone or something and one day you have to give it up: a friend, a job, a life, or even a habit. Here, specifically, I am talking about relationships.
I've been always scared of losing ones that I love or I feel a strong connection to. But you cannot stop others moving. So the big question which leads your reaction and post event life is "Am I going to lose it or loose it?". The answer totally depends on the situation of course, but it is also impacted by the strength of the relationship and your party as well. Sometimes it is the end of story when you cannot see your party for ever (like last year when I lost my father), and sometimes you hope to see them, but not that often. I think human acts interestingly in the first case: he almost keeps his relationship in the form of memories, but nothing to be worried or scared of anymore. In the second situation, he is loosing the connection string. This is even a tougher task because he cannot see the other end of the string anymore. He is always scared of the day his party or something (specially the time) cuts the string.

I am not kind of a guy who establishes a relationship (or strong friendship) very quickly, because I see heavy duties and responsibilities when crossing some lines to get closer to someone. So, it is a big bang for me to lose one or loose a relationship. I always come up with the same solution in such situations (It seems I forget it every time and I have to spend a night or two over and over again). Do not let the string decay over time; polish it, use some EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) once in a while to shine and jazz it up. Do not let an old Persian quote come true: “Az Del Beravad Har Anke Az Dide Beraft” (rough English equivalent: relationships get lost when people get out of your sight).

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to the internet, we are in a much more comfortable situation to polish a loose relationship.
    However, talking about myself, as some of my strings stretch out and out, I feel I am losing the deep mutual connections. I am changing, others are changing. Banggggg!!! I don’t know the people who I used to have deep understanding of. If the strings are to be remained, kill the passion and bury it deep down in your heart. Otherwise, it will strangle you…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loose it then you don’t need to lose it. I think all of us have lots of these situations since we have moved several times from a place to another. We have lost some relationships which were not strong enough but we have kept the one which were strong. For me some relationships don’t end up in friendship and I am not bothered to losing them. But a friendship is something came from your heart and it will stick there until you die. No mater what, a strong friendship has beginning but no end. The only thing that may change it is changing your heart. No geographical distances or even time distances (like your father) can change it. Stick to it as long as you think it worth it.
    Here is something for you brother:
    http://www.persianpersia.com/music/p/nakissa.php?artistid=176&Albumid=659&AlbumName_e=Yadgare Doust&artistfamilye=Naazeri

    ReplyDelete